NZ eResearch Symposium 2010
Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for the 1st New Zealand eResearch Symposium which will be held in the Owen G Glenn Building, at The University of Auckland, on 26-27th of October, 2010.
The registration fees are as follows:
The Early Bird rate applies until Wednesday 13 October 2010.
All fees and are in $NZ and include GST.
Full Conference Registration
- Early Bird $295
- Standard $395
Full conference registration includes entry to the conference and workshops, and one ticket to the Welcome Reception and Conference Dinner.
- Early Bird $170
- Standard $220
A limited amount of student registrations are available. Student registration includes entry to the conference and workshops only. It does not include entry to the Welcome Reception and Conference Dinner however tickets can be purchased for $80.
Who Should Attend
Our NZ eResearch Symposium is a forum for NZ's research sector and nascent eResearch community, being those involved in using, developing, and supporting applications and services that take advantage of distributed collaboration platforms for team science, including grid middleware, high performance computing, data infrastructure, advanced video-conferencing, and advanced research networks. This is also an opportunity to meet leaders of eResearch initiatives within NZ and internationally, and to hear about best-practice and to share experiences.
Announcing the Workshops
We’re pleased to announce the following workshops are confirmed for the symposium. You can register for these workshops during online registration.
- Advanced Video Collaboration Centre Annual Workshop - Nathan Gardiner
- Bioinformatics Workshop 1 - Introduction to the analysis and exploration of gene expression data using GenePattern - Cris Print, Mik Black
- Bioinformatics Workshop 2 - Introduction to the analysis of next generation sequencing data - Cris Print, Mik Black
- Developing Applications and Services within BeSTGRID - Nick Jones, Vladimir Mencl, Markus Binsteiner
- Environmental Data Management - Isabella Cawthorne
- High Performance Computing with BlueFern Group - Tim David
- Introducing Tuakiri: NZ Research Access Federation – Matt Cocker, Vladimir Mencl
- National Science Data Infrastructure Planning - Jessica Doube
- Research Management in an eResearch era - Rochelle Finlay
- eResearch and HPC Education, Learning, and Outreach - Stuart Charters
Forward to a Friend
If you know of anyone that may be interested in the NZ eResearch Symposium, please feel free to forward this information.
If you would like more information on any aspect of this conference, please contact the Conference Organiser:
Paardekooper and Associates
Conference organisers of NZ eResearch Symposium
Supported by the Ministry of Research, Science & Technology eResearch programme.