This is a follow-up to the Audio Geotagging Summer of eResearch project. I have been able to implement lots of functionality but I'm looking forward to a break.
- Users are able to create a new interview by filling in the title and description for the created interview.
Figure 1. The Create Page in the Application.
- Users are able to view the map in standard and satellite modes, as well as navigate the map including moving, zooming in or out.
Figure 2. The MapView under the Standard Mode.
Figure 3. The MapView under the Satellite Mode.
- Users are able to create audio recordings for an interview, and meanwhile draw lines and add markers on the map during the recording.
- A marker can be easily moved by dragging it.
- Users are able to undo the marker or line they made before.
Figure 4. The MapView under the Draw Mode.
- To find out where users want to get online fast, type address, city or state in the search box and the application will lead you to the matching location on the map.
Figure 5. Search Box.
- Users also can speak their queries instead of typing using ‘Voice Search’.
Figure 6. Voice Search.
- All map interactions will be saved into a file so that users are able to playback previous interviews and see the state of the map during the interview (e.g. the map should pan/zoom during the playback at the same time it panned/zoomed during the interview).
Figure 7. Save the Audio.
- There is playback controls to pause/play and move backwards and forwards throughout the interview.
Figure 8. Playback Controls.